Apply GC pattern resin (fast setting low shrinkage dental resin) using the brush beading technique to all impression transfer posts. Keep the resin above the connection of the impression post and the implant/abutment.
- GC Pattern Manufactures Specs: 2 minute working time, 4 minute setting time, 0.36% shrinkage at 30 minutes, 0.37% shrinkage at 24hrs, 65 MPa at 10 minutes (http://www.usdentaldepot.com/Dental-supplies/PATTERN-RESIN-LS-GC%28-%29F2818)
Apply sufficient GC pattern resin to connect the direct transfer impression posts together. Provide sufficient bulk of material to allow maximal rigidity of the resin material.
Using a thin diamond disk, section the GC pattern resin index between each direct transfer impression post. Allow resin to set for a full 24 hrs.
Fabricate a custom tray for a possible splinted implant verification jig over-impression.
- Relieve mandibular cast and verification jig with one layer of softened base plate wax.
- Add an additional layer of softened base plate wax to the implant verification jig location.
- Ensure the impression screws are poking through the wax occlusally.
- Apply separating medium to the wax (vasoline)
- Adapt Triad Tru-Tray over the wax and trim to just past the wax. Cure for 1 minute in the Triad Curing unit.
- Ensure the screws are slightly poking through the triad occlusally.
- Remove the wax from the intaglio surface while still soft and place back into the Triad curing unit for an additional 6-8 minutes.
- Trim and smoooth tray
- Ensure the direct transfer impression screws are passing passively through the custom tray.